[Cvsnt] Setup OpenSSH to secure a CVSNT server by public key authentication?

Benny wildwind at softhome.net
Fri May 3 14:41:45 BST 2002

Actually, I had tried the installation. Server: CVSNT, OpenSSH on
Window 2000 server. Client: WinCVS 1.3 on Window 2000 pro.

But I can't access cvs server in WinCVS via ssh authentication by publickey.
The error message is "Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive)."

When I tried ssh authentication by password, a dos prompt window running
cvs.exe pop up and ask for password. After entering password, nothing happen
and wincvs is still running.

However, I can login to ssh server in command prompt "ssh -l benny
sshserver" by both public key and password authentication.

Would you kindly help / share your experences on setting up CVSNT, OpenSSH
and WinCVS by ssh authentication?

Cheers,
Benny