[Cvsnt] Setup OpenSSH to secure a CVSNT server by public key authentication?

Sebastian Sanitz sanitz at jwam.de
Thu May 16 14:00:20 BST 2002

Hello,

i tried it with OpenSSH  Version 3.1-3 i on WinNT from:
http://www.networksimplicity.com/openssh/

and TortoiseCVS 0.52 from:
http://www.tortoisecvs.org/

then i created the passwd and group file. this is described in the
readme.txt of the OpenSSH Server. now i can connect to the server with
putty or the ssh client from www.ssh.com when i use tortoiseCVS i get a
connection. but on the server the cvs.exe fails with a warning from
dr.watson. is this a problem of OpenSSH or CVS for NT?

greets sebastian

Benny wrote:
 > Actually, I had tried the installation. Server: CVSNT, OpenSSH on
 > Window 2000 server. Client: WinCVS 1.3 on Window 2000 pro.
 >
 > But I can't access cvs server in WinCVS via ssh authentication by
publickey.
 > The error message is "Permission denied
 > (publickey,keyboard-interactive)."
 >
 > When I tried ssh authentication by password, a dos prompt window
 > running cvs.exe pop up and ask for password. After entering password,
 >  nothing
happen