[Cvsnt] CVS: Can't create tempory directory

Thomas koettlitz at trinamic.com
Tue May 14 08:04:20 BST 2002

I installed a cvs server on  Server_A (domain server). The cvs server is
running on an domain user account called "cvs". I have the following dir
structure on a file server:

\\Server_B\             Mapped as drive N: on Server A
N:\cvs
N:\cvs\repository
N:\cvs\tmp                # My temp directory

All directory have full access to everyone, but the cvs server wrote the
message (after a succesfully login) :

D:\sd>cvs -d :sspi:testuser at server_a:\repository checkout CVSROOT
can't create temporary directory N:\CVS\tmp/cvs-serv2100
Permission denied

What could be the problem?

Regards

Ralph