[Cvsnt] Probably A Daft Question

Anthony Williams anthwil at nortelnetworks.com
Tue May 28 10:06:14 BST 2002

> "Paul Grenyer" <Paul.Grenyer at chorleys-communisis.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:7A7AACCC920AD511BF510090273C2730016382FC at chorpcsrv001.localnet...
> *** Before acting on this e-mail or opening any attachment you are advised
to read the disclaimer at the end of this e-mail ***

> Hi
>
> This is probably a daft question, but I'm going to ask it anyway. :-)
>
> I have a machine at home which dual boots Windows NT and RedHat 7.3. I've
> got CVSNT installed on the former, with a separate hard disk for data
where
> I put my repository.
>
> If I install CVS to RedHat as well, can I use the same repository and
access
> the same projects using the same logins as CVSNT on Windows, from the
> RedHat?

Provided you're not using ntserver or SSPI, it should work, as the
repository format is the same. I would probably recommend installing CVSNT
on linux, rather than using the standard CVS, as then you can use all the
new features Tony has added, and it will ensure that the security stuff
works the same as the Windows version.

Anthony
--
Anthony Williams
Software Engineer, Nortel Networks Optical Components Ltd