[Cvsnt] CVS NT + Windows XP

Maciej Sinilo msinilo at kki.net.pl
Tue May 28 09:34:43 BST 2002

Hello,

I'm trying to install CVS NT on WinXP based server (using ntserver).
Everything goes fine to the point when I tried to perform some action
from client machine. Each command ends with something along the line of:

cvs -d :ntserver:Server:d:/Mega-Backup/Repository init
cvs [init aborted]: : bad auth protocol start: BEGIN NTSERVER

Can anyone give me possible reasons of this behaviour? Also, is there a
way to test step-by-step what works and what not (like if the client can
even see the server, but it cannot login etc)? Thanks in advance and
sorry if this is trivial question, but I'm really far from being server
expert and the fact that this is Italian version of OS (don't ask)
doesn't make things easier.

--
Maciej