[Cvsnt] Reg Installtion of CVS in Wondows-2000

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed May 29 06:48:23 BST 2002

On Wed, 29 May 2002 05:04:10 +0000 (UTC), "Srinivasan, Arulmanikandan"
<Arulmanikandan_Srinivasan at syntelinc.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>       I have been installing WinCVS for windows-2000 for two days.I am not
>getting proper documentation for installing CVS.One document says for
>installing WinCVS need to download
>    1)WinCVS
>    2)Python
>    3)ActiveTCL
>
>Some document says Activeperl.I am so much confusing.I want to install
>WinCVS in windows-2000.Please help me how to install and configure and what
>are all the software needed.
>
>Thanking in advance
>Manikandan

You need the following.
Server side
- CVSNT latest revision
  (http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~tmhoyle/cvsnt_1.11.1.3.exe)

Client side
- WinCvs latest revision
- Python
- TCL

If you want web browsing of the repository you also need to add *on
the server only*:
- CVSWeb
- PERL
- RCS

Some info can be gotten here (on server installation):
http://w1.858.telia.com/~u85831169/InstallCVSNT.html

This site offers a lot of CVS information:
http://www.devguy.com/fp/cfgmgmt/cvs/

Here is the CVS book by Karl Fogel:
http://cvsbook.red-bean.com/

HTH