[cvsnt] Strange behaviour with tag:

Johannes Kilian Jo.Kilian at gmx.de
Fri Nov 1 13:49:36 GMT 2002

Hi there,

I've got the following problem:

Trying to checkout a tagged file, leeds to the following:
cvs -Q -d ":sspi:CVS:D:\CVSRepository\ETCSourcecode" checkout -r
"build_ViXml4C_401_1_0_0" Extern/ViXml4C/build/constants.h

cvs server: in directory .:
cvs [server aborted]: there is no version here; do 'cvs checkout' first
In the repository there is - for sure - the requested file. So I assumed
the tag to be wrong.
Omitting the tag  leads to checkout  tosucced ! So something must be
wrong,with the tag. Looking in the requested file in the repository, the
following tagname is there (which is exactly the same as above ...)
head	1.1;
access;
symbols
	build_ViXml4C_401_1_0_0:1.1;
locks; strict;
comment	@ * @;
Now I deleted the tag in the whole module (using "cvs rtag -d ....") and
was successfull.
Reapplying the same tag
cvs -d ":sspi:CVS:D:\CVSRepository\ETCSourcecode" rtag
build_ViXml4C_401_1_0_0 Extern/ViXml4C
suceeds , but has the following message at the end:
cvs rtag: attempt to insert duplicate key `build_ViXml4C_401_1_0_0'

Oops! What does this mean? Is this concerned with the error above??

Any help welcome

Johannes