[cvsnt] Re: sspi from Win98 clients?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Nov 5 15:55:36 GMT 2002

On Tue, 5 Nov 2002 09:23:21 +0100, "Oliver Giesen" <ogware at gmx.net>
wrote:

>> It's part of the OS, but MS can't make up its mind what it's called...
>> The code in cvs currently tries to load both.
>
>So, in theory it should work on W98, yes? I'll have to look again, if any of
>the two filenames exists...

Try the release nightly with the fix in.... it should work on that.  I
disabled sspi encryption under Win9x so it'll not fall over at least
(which brings us back to how to tell frontends whether encryption etc.
are available...  must think of a good way of doing that).

>> Not for development, it seems, judging by the feedback I get.  Bugs
>> for it don't get fixed quickly because they never get reported (for
>> example command line cvs95 commits have been broken for about 6 months
>> but someone only now just pointed it out),
>
>That sounds bad. So I probably shouldn't even test this over :ntserver:, no?

Well it'll work with a frontend, but on the command line it can't
invoke the editor, so commits always fail.  I've just fixed this the
other day.

>BTW and totally OT: Does anybody know of any good and cheap (preferably free
>of course) Windows-only remote control software? TightVNC does not quite
>seem to cut it especially when you do a lot of typing...

You can get Terminal Server client for win9x I believe, then you just
have to run some kind TS capable machine at the other end (or buy
Citrix Winframe if you're rich).