[cvsnt] Troubleshooting CVS speed

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Wed Nov 20 15:03:50 GMT 2002

> I've installed tortoise CVS here but i get the following error when I try
> edit a file:
>

> In C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\david: "C:\Program Files\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe" -q
edit
> -a commit main.htm
>
> cvs edit: :ntserver: is depreciated.  Use :sspi: instead
> cvs edit: bad CVSROOT: :ntserver:derek:d:/cvsstore
> cvs [edit aborted]: Bad CVSROOT.

Tortoise made the mistake of shipping a development version of CVSNT
1.11.1.4alpha with one of their recent releases. That version of CVSNT no
longer supports the :ntserver: protocol. You'll either have to get a current
stable release of CVSNT 1.11.1.3 (recommended!!!) or change your
authentication scheme to :sspi: (usually just a matter of search&replacing
:ntserver: for :sspi:).

Hope this helps.

Oliver
JID: ogiesen at jabber.org