[cvsnt] Unsubscribing

Richard L Muller RichardLMuller at comcast.net
Thu Oct 24 21:51:03 BST 2002

Hi All,

I just found your "support.cost" newsgroup on the new sever "news.cost.org".
I like the newsgroup paradigm much better than the mail list approach.

I have two questions:

1.  Am I correct that unsubscribing from the mail list will not adversely
affect my use of the newsgroup?

2.  Why was I unable to unsubscribe?  Following are the details of my
attempt:

I clicked on the link I got in the confirmation message when I originally
subscribed:
http://www.cost.org/cgi-bin/mailman/options/cost/richardlmuller%40comcast.ne

Clicking on that link returned a web page which displayed the following
lines at the top:
============== Start of three lines =================
        cost Configuration for richardlmuller at comcast.net
options for the cost mailing list.
         You are subscribed to this list with the case-preserved address
RichardLMuller at comcast.net.
cost" group, I was presented with the result:
============== Start of result =================
cost Results
richardlmuller at comcast.net not a member!

I tried changing the URL shown above to my upper/lower case address:
http://www.cost.org/cgi-bin/mailman/options/cost/RichardLMuller.
That resulted in:
Error
cost: No such member RichardLMuller.