[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT and Diff problems - PLEASE HELP !

Damien Harper harperd at keops.net
Mon Oct 28 17:00:21 GMT 2002

I don't think it is rcsdiff since the only differences in the 2 files are
the values which look like swapped.
I downloaded tha latest revision of rcs for nt (rcs5.7.3 for nt) and I got
the same troubles.

I transfered via FTP the two files on my linux box (binary transfer) and I
diffed them.
The result is that the date/time are different and the values are swapped.
I also tried to look at the content of the files using the oc -c command on
the linux box and I can see no "cr" in the 2 files but just "ln".

When I use CVS on my linux box to add and commit files to the repository,
the files are good and all operations work without any trouble.

My final objective is to have the repository and the CVS server on a w2k box
and a php website (using the horde framework / chora) to browse the
repository.
So the rcs utilities that will be used will be those on the linux box (rcs,
rcsdiff, rlog, co) and the operations like add and commit will be done on
the w2k server using CVSNT.
But for the moment, i just try to have it work on the w2k box. So for the
moment, I'm able to add and commit files to the repository (using CVSNT) but
I 'm unable to get differencies between revisions (using rcs for nt)

I really think that the trouble doesn't come from carriage returns / line
feeds but from the values stored in the rcs files.
If I do add and commit on a linux box (CVS) and try to get diff on w2k (or
on linux), everything is OK but if I try to add and commit on w2k (CVSNT)
and get diff on w2k or linux, I get troubles.

Please Help, I should be able to use CVSNT on production server next week !
:-(

"Tony Hoyle" <tmh at nodomain.org> a écrit dans le message de news:
3dbd6386.175463812 at news.cvsnt.org...
> On Mon, 28 Oct 2002 16:03:04 +0100, "Damien Harper"
> <harperd at keops.net> wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >I'm quite used to use CVS on Linux and I get some troubles making CVSNT
work
> >properly !
> >I installed it on a Windows 2000 Server with almost no troubles (just had
> >problem with spaces in PATH).
> >Then:
> >1. I created a repository and initialized it.
> >2. I created a module TestCVS : everything went OK
> >3. I added and commited a text file test.txt (cvs -q -x add test.txt then
> >cvs -q -x commit -m "blabla" test.txt) : everything went OK
> >4. I modified and commited it : everything went OK
> >5. I ran rcsdiff -p --unified=3 -r1.1 -r1.2 "/repository/test.txt,v" :
CVSNT