[cvsnt] Problems of CVSNT with SSH 2 using public key authentication

Lijen Lin lijen.lin at msa.hinet.net
Wed Oct 30 03:30:14 GMT 2002

Hi,

For security issue, I'm using the latest CVSNT version (1.11.1.3-57j)
and NetworkSimplicity's OpenSSH for windows to config my environment. My
config is to use passwordless ssh2 (:ext portocol) to talk to my CVSNT
server. So far, there is no problem with CVS checkout, but when I wanted
to commit some modified files in my sandbox back into the CVSNT server,
I got the error message saying:

cvs server: user 'SYSTEM' is not a valid editor of the file '<my file name>'

Thanks for any feedback response to help solving my problem!

Jason Lin