[cvsnt] Strange "Invalid argument" after moving to Windows 2000

Prikryl,Petr PRIKRYLP at skil.cz
Thu Oct 31 06:33:39 GMT 2002

Hi,

I have a question for you, the more experienced.  I have
got the new computer, and I have installed the Windows 2000
(server) instead of Windows NT 4 (server).  Since then, I do observe
some strange cvs messages like -- see below.

I am using the same cvsnt which says (after cvs -v)

Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 1.11.1.3  (Build 57c) (client/server)

Copyright (c) 1989-2001 Brian Berliner, david d `zoo' zuhn,
                        Jeff Polk, and other authors
CVSNT version (Apr 17 2002) Copyright (c) 1999-2001 Tony Hoyle and others
see http://www.cvsnt.org

I am using it only locally (only from this computer, cvsroot on the
local disk). The problem appears when I try the command

  cvs -q -d e:/cvsrootMy rdiff -s -kk -r myTag -D now MyProject

The first two lines that it shows are:

  cvs rdiff: cannot read owner file in X: Invalid argument
  cvs rdiff: cannot open X/.perms: Invalid argument

So far, I would understand that, BUT the X is not a readable
name of a directory. It shows the happy face character on the
display (the one with code 0x01).

On the other hand, the command seems to work correctly
and after that message it does what is expected.  Could you
explain what happens?  I tried to play with permissions, but
I was not successful.  Is it the nown behaviour?  Is it possible
to remove it somehow?

Thanks for your time and experience.

   Petr

--
Petr Prikryl (prikrylp at skil.cz)

---
Odchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry.
Verze: 6.0.408 / Virová báze: 230 - datum vydání: 24.10. 2002