[cvsnt] Re: PServer ok, no sspi

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Sep 25 17:39:37 BST 2002

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002 23:34:54 -0400, Bob Murdoch
<ram5_remove_ at erols.com> wrote:

>I just installed v1.11.1.3 of cvsnt, and running WinCvs 1.3.
>
>I am able to login with pserver, import and checkout modules, etc.  When
>I change the client to sspi and try to checkout a module, the client
>eventually returns the error message that authentication has failed.
>
>I am able to log on to the cvs server with the same user id and password
>that I log onto the workstation with.  The only strange thing about the
>setup is that both the cvs server (NT4 bdc) and the workstation were
>part of a domain, but then moved to a seperate location and are no
>longer connected to the domain.  Not sure whether that is an issue or
>not.

It might be a problem with the authentication... I've seen something
similar when we tried to move machines across domains - NT remembers
where it was and get extremely upset when it can't find its original
PDC.

Using 'cvs login' to login to the sspi server should re-authenticate
you, which should get over most problems.  Also try both with and
without the username in CVSROOT.