[cvsnt] waiting for xxx's lock in xxx

Aaron Kynaston AKynaston at novell.com
Thu Apr 10 16:11:21 BST 2003

A lock happens whenever CVS requires exclusive access to files in the
repository - if the lock is still there, it means one of two things:

1.  Some one else is in the repository doing something at that same
moment.
2.  The last time you did an operation in CVS you didnt' let it
complete the operation (Ctrl+C)

If you know that you're the only one that will be writing to that
location in the repositoy, I've found you can safely delete the lock
files.  Has any one found otherwise?

Aaron Kynaston
akynaston at novell.com
office: (801) 861-6709
cell: (801) 368-8633
fax: (801) 861-6778
Novell Inc., The leading provider in net services software.
www.novell.com

>>> SamZhou <zhouqis at yahoo.com.cn> 04/10/03 05:15AM >>>
Hello,

  When i commit a file into my CVSServer(NT server or pserver),
  Server give me a message "waiting for xxx's lock in xxx"(repeat) and

  can not commit.

  This problem still exist after upgrade to 2.0.0

  Could you help me solve the problem?

Thanks
SamZhou

Client: WinCVS 1.3.12.1 beta 12 (build 1):
Server: CVSNT 1.11.1.3 and CVSNT 2.0.0

Message from WinCVS 1.3.12.1 beta 12 (build 1):

CVSROOT: CVSServer:/INF (NT server services)

cvs commit -m "add dcr into package" DataModule.dpk (in directory
G:\ClientINF\INF\Source\Data\DataModule\)

cvs server: [18:39:26] waiting for CVSServer's lock in
E:/CVSRoot/INF/ClientINF/INF/Source/Data/DataModule