[cvsnt] cvs administration

Aaron Kynaston AKynaston at novell.com
Thu Apr 10 16:05:52 BST 2003

Just so that it's said, history will not be kept if you want to simply
delete the file.

Just another option.

Aaron Kynaston
akynaston at novell.com
office: (801) 861-6709
cell: (801) 368-8633
fax: (801) 861-6778
Novell Inc., The leading provider in net services software.
www.novell.com

>>> Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at telia.com> 04/09/03 04:27PM >>>
On Wed, 9 Apr 2003 14:45:01 -0500, "Mike Bechtold"
<mbechtold at baneng.com> wrote:

>I'm a little unsure why the users need full control of
>the CVSROOT.  I think I might be certain files need this setting.  But
>though I needed to be leant

Not needed (or advisable). You can set CVSROOT as readonly for all
except the admins. But you have to set the *file* history as
read/write for normal users as well.
AFAICT this is the only file a normal user will ever need to modify in
CVSROOT, but it gets modified on every commit.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)