[cvsnt] Re: newbie: Cannot create repository

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Apr 10 18:01:31 BST 2003

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 09:32:38 -0700, "Glen Starrett" <grstarrett at cox.net>
wrote:

>Sounds more to me like a very practical practice.  In all the reading I've
>done I didn't realize there were so many gotchas with the CVS* add-ons /
>scripts / etc.  I mean, I saw a small recommendation (and a stronger one for
>spaces in source file names) but beyond that I didn't see a lot of reasoning
>behind it.
>
>Of course, I've installed MY cvsnt into d:\cvs\cvsnt, with my repository
>d:\cvs\respositiories and temp d:\cvs\temp... all in one spot, nice and
>clean.  :)
>
>Perhaps a candidate for updating on the wiki?

The executable works fine in "Program Files" and the scripts work fine with
spaces etc. - that's now I have them configured here...  I wouldn't really
want to start recommending that people move the executables out of "Program
Files" since that's the place where you're supposed to put installed stuff.

I'd agree the repository should be somewhere without spaces... it's a complete
git to use from the command line otherwise :)