[cvsnt] Upgrading CVSNT & Moving Repository

Lisa Findlater lfindlater at hbf.com.au
Wed Apr 16 08:09:56 BST 2003

I have just been given the task of moving the current CVS repositories
to a new server. To do this I am going to install cvsnt on the new
server, and then copy over the existing repositories and then point CVS
to them using the control panel. The developers using WINCVS 1.3 clients
will also be getting new machines.

A few questions
- The current version being used is 1.11.1.1 build27 seriously out of
date I know, is it OK to install the current version CVSNT 2.0, and
still copy over the existing repositories and point CVS to them.

- In regards to the developers "sandboxes" Can I just copy these to
their new machines, and then run the WINCVS macro to update them to
change the Root files to point to the new location.(the machine the CVS
Server is going to will have a different name, but the same directory
structure)

Sorry if I am totally off track, I have never had any exposure to this
before, and I am learning as I go along. Any advice appreciated as far
as what problems I may run into, and what to look out for.

Many Thanks