[cvsnt] Crashes

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Apr 16 12:20:39 BST 2003

On 16 Apr 2003 12:07:43 +0200, Oliver Koltermann <okoltermann at gmx.de> wrote:

>I now have the following hang reproducable here:
>
>D:\CVSWORK>cvs -t -t -t co sw
>  -> Tracelevel set to 3.  PID is 68
>  -> Session ID is 443e9d2574729d
>  -> main loop with CVSROOT=:pserver:okoltermann at xxx.xxx:r:/xxx/xxx
>S -> do_module(sw, Updating, , )
>S -> Found module &a &b &c &d &e &f &g &h &i &j &k &l &m &n &o &p &q &r &s
>S -> do_module(a, Updating, , (null)/a)
>
>(changed module names)

So you're the *other* person who uses ampersand modules :)

There's nothing there to hang...  at that point it's just parsing the modules
file & building the server-side sandbox.  Apart from the obvious (using (null)
as a prefix, which will be fixed in the next release) it looks fine up to that
point.  btw. If you specify a -d option it'll override the null until the
fixed version is out.

>I often read about crash dumps. How can I produce one? I guess there
>is none because the processes don't crash but just hang. What else can
>I supply?

If it crashes you'll get a dialog on the console asking if you want to produce
a crash dump.  If you don't get that it probably hasn't crashed.

At this point I'd suggest building a debug version and stepping through it,
but if you're not a C person it'll be difficult.