[cvsnt] Ampersand modules and 2.0.1a

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Apr 16 14:00:55 BST 2003

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 14:53:34 +0200, "Issberner, Sven 3767 S-PP-RD-E3"
<Sven.Issberner at heidelberg.com> wrote:

>With server version 2.0.1a the same commands result in a completely =
>different
>working copy :
>
>"cvs co -d MainXXX mainmod1" gives:
>
>	  MainXXX
>          +-__submod1
>          +-__submod1
>          +-__submod1

That's correct.  The null thing will be fixed in the next release.  That's how
it's documented to work, and seems correct to me...

>So it seems to me that the -d option in the modules file is ignored.
>As we rely on the behaviour of version 1.11.1.3-72 the new version
>is unusable for our department. It would be nice if you could reenable
>this behaviuor.

-d isn't supposed to work with ampersand modules (there's no sensible way it
could work, either, since you're using two mutually incompatible options to
change the module location).  It sounds like you should be using aliases.