[cvsnt] Trouble building cvsnt 2_0_x

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sat Apr 26 16:10:31 BST 2003

Tony,
now I moved away the total contents of my checked out cvsnt copy
except the CVS subdir, then updated and thus got fresh sources from
your server. Then I also copied back a few directories I had
previously obtained (such as krb5, ms2mit etc) and which did not
appear on the cvs update.
Next I started DOTNET and opened the project and tried to build cvsnt.
No dice, here are the 3 Fatal errors:

f:\Engineering\Projects\cvsnt\protocols\sserver.c(26): fatal error
C1083: Cannot open include file: 'openssl/ssl.h': No such file or
directory

cvs95 fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
'\Engineering\Projects\cvsnt\protocols\Debug\sserver_protocol.lib'

cvsnt fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
'protocols\Debug\sserver_protocol.lib'

I know you said that the openssl stuff can be downloaded, but the link
on Wiki
(http://www.shininglightpro.com/search.php?searchname=Win32+OpenSSL)
brings me to a page with a selection of downloads, all of which seem
to be Innosetup installers to actually install OpenSSL. I can't find
out how to get the sources (the 'header' files as you refer to them).

A search on Google led me to http://www.openssl.org/source/ and here
are a number of tarballs to get, all with masses of files and no idea
on my part on how to use them.

These errors stop me from building cvsnt....
What am I doing wrong here? Remember I never use Visual Studio except
for this sole purpose so I don't even know where to go to do the
things you mentioned in your previous replies. :-(

I would really appreciate a step-by-step guide on how to either remove
the ssl stuff from the cvsnt build or how to get it operational....

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)