[cvsnt] Problems with ampersand modules

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sat Aug 2 17:08:04 BST 2003

Bo Berglund wrote:

> Fair enough, and I only have one single case in all of my servers
> where the modules file is used. It contains these lines:
> SSCommon SSReceiver/Source/common
> SSDocs SSReceiver/Doc
> StingPlus &StingPlusBase &SSCommon &SSDocs
>
> What would happen to this module (StingPlus)?
> It utilizes the SSCommon and SSDocs modules and we expect them to
> check out right below the StingPlus main module (there should be 3
> submodules in level 1 below the main module).

Using my example scheme (admittedly only dreamt up in about 10 seconds, so
it might have pitfalls I haven't thought of yet):

StingPlus:
  StingPlusBase
  SSCommon=SSReceiver/Source/Common
  SSDocs=SSReceiver/Doc

(if you don't need the SSCommon and SSDocs modules separate)
or..

SSCommon:
  =SSReceiver/Doc

SSDocs:
  =SSReceiver/Source/Common

StingPlus:
  StingPlusBase
  SSCommon
  SSDocs

(if you do want them separate)

I like this scheme as it's obvious (I think) what you'll get when you
checkout the module.  Feel free to come up with something better, though.