[cvsnt] Problems with ampersand modules

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Sun Aug 3 07:43:49 BST 2003

> The problem is the existing code is splattered all over CVS
> and implemented differently in different places.  It needs to
> be completely ripped out and rewritten otherwise it'll just
> continue to be a source of bugs.  I'll do it in the
> development branch anyway, but if it's what people want I'll
> do it in the release, too.

I would like to see a working ampersand code on the stable release.  If
there are methods where the current method does actually work (as has
been described recently by you) then I'm OK waiting until the next major
revision.  The main deciding factor for me is "Can I get it to do what I
need now?" which I believe is yes.  Assuming I can get it to work, I
don't need to rush in rewriting anything on the release branch (but I
agree it sounds necessary for the next major version!).

Regards,

Glen Starrett