[cvsnt] cvs95 Password problem

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Mon Aug 11 18:36:48 BST 2003

OK, I felt sorry for anyone who has to use Win98 as a development
machine, so I tried to repro it on my Win98 test machine that was idle
here.  On that *very* basic Win98 system (no more than the base OS +
security patches), I was able to reproduce a crash against my 2.0.8
CVSNT server running on RedHat Linux 8.

Using CVSROOT ":pserver:gstarret at stanley:/home/cvsroot", I checked out a
small sandbox and ran this:

C:\temp\cool>cvs95 version
Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.8 (client)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.8 (client/server)

C:\temp\cool>cvs95 passwd -a grs-test
Adding user grs-test
New password: ********
Verify password: ********

<< Something bad happened.... >>

I'll send in the crashdump to the indicated address next.

At least you know it's not just your environment...  Submit a bug report
and with the crashdump Tony might be able to get to a solution on it.

Regards,

Glen Starrett