[cvsnt] ntserver vs. local

Chris Morris cvsnt at clabs.org
Wed Dec 10 05:34:58 GMT 2003

Glen Starrett wrote:

> Any more specifics on _why_ you want to change to local from ntserver?

A whole lot of people depend on the server and those in charge don't
have time to upgrade it since everyone's getting along okay.

Problem is WinCVS is mis-reporting almost every file as changed when
it's really not and there seems no way around it. Next thing we wanted
to try was to get current on the server side ... but that doesn't seem
quick and easy.

I wondered if the few of us in our group that care could just switch to
the :local: access method, we might work around this WinCVS glitch
without having to change anything on the server.

Chris