[cvsnt] ntserver vs. local

Chris Morris cvsnt at clabs.org
Wed Dec 10 16:17:07 GMT 2003

> If your problem is the red files in WinCvs then you will get *more* of
> that if you go the shared file way.

> And the solution is actually to update the WinCvs clients to the most
> recent ones. You are probably using WinCvs 1.2, which is known for the
> red files (or DST) bug. The problem is on the client, not on the
> server.

Well ... we're using 1.3.4.3 Beta 4 (I'm the new guy here so I don't
know if they have any existing reasons to not be on the latest beta),
and I setup a local repository on my hard drive and have not had any
problems with it.

I do have the red files problem with sf.net cvs repositories and our
local ntserver.

I think I tried the latest beta from cvsgui.whatever and it had the same
problems.

Our ntserver is 1.11, btw... ... and also this isn't the red files
problem that goes away with a simple update (related to daylight savings
time), it's a persistent red file ... can't seem to find any workaround
for it.

Chris