[cvsnt] RFC: Depereciating file based locking

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Dec 11 16:33:41 GMT 2003

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 11:25:16 -0500, "Warren, Erik"
<Erik.Warren at delta.com> wrote:

>I suggest, at a minimum, that the cvsroot/config file packaged with CVSNT be changed to uncomment the lockserver line and then only those with a good reason will enable file based locks and when you ask these kind of questions they will have a ready answer.

It's probably quite difficult to keep the file based locks in the code
and add some of the features I want.  At the moment it'd work
(although there's no keyword for 'no lockserver') but I'd rather not
have to keep that functionality if I don't have to... of course if
there's a really good reason to keep it I'll just have to work harder
:)

Changing the default config file is a good idea... I might do that
anyway.