[cvsnt] Converted to CVSNT server and repositories structure changed...

Curtis Lehman clehman at aircell.com
Mon Dec 15 16:52:34 GMT 2003

Hello,

Thanks to all for the helping me getting CVSNT up and running at where I work. I went from using CVS in local mode to running a CVSNT server. I copied the local repositories into the new CVSNT repository. When I added the repositories on the server side, it did not recognize the directories as repositories and wanted to initialize them, which I allowed it to do. The initialization created a CVSROOT directory in each one of the repositories I added/ported over. This directory is a duplicate of the main CVSROOT and is confusing to everyone. It doesn't look like it has any purpose. Changes to it have no effect on how CVSNT works. My questions:

1. How can I get ride of the repository, or at least hide it from the users?
2. Can I simply delete the extra CVSROOT directory from each repository?
2.Why do I need a CVSROOT in each repository?

When using CVS in local mode my repository had the structure of (Note only one CVSROOT):

cvsrepo\

-- CVSROOT

-- repo/module1\
|      |
|      ----sub directories\

-- repo/module2\
|      |
|      ----sub directories\

-- etc.

Using CVSNT in a client server type mode, repository had the structure of (Note the CVSROOT in each module):

cvsrepo\

      --EngDev\

      -- CVSROOT

      -- repo/module1\