[cvsnt] cvs.exe crashes after operation

Stass Soldatov stass at visicron.com
Tue Dec 16 10:45:55 GMT 2003

I hope someone could point me in the right direction.
Maybe this is the old question, but I could not find similar issues in
tips/FAQ.

Problem is that after performing any operation cvs.exe crashes. Operations
are completed successfully, but message "Something bad happened to CVSNT,
and it crashed..." is displayed on console after each.

Debugging shown that stack overflow exception occurs in _chkstk() function
of CRT, so it could be incorrect destruction of some internal structures.

Sorry that I can't provide more detailed debug info, but I don’t have
Visual Studio 8, only 7.

I’ve tried cvsnt 2.0.12 and 2.0.14 on two computers, both machines are
Win2000 Server SP4. I am using sserver protocol with domain logons.

No firewall/antivirus soft is installed, cvs and temp have full access for
SYSTEM account, tried with and without impersonation.

Thanks in advance.

--
Be vigilant,
Stass