[cvsnt] cvs.exe crashes after operation

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Dec 16 14:41:45 GMT 2003

Stass Soldatov wrote:
> Problem is that after performing any operation cvs.exe crashes.
> Operations are completed successfully, but message "Something bad
> happened to CVSNT, and it crashed..." is displayed on console after each.

I've not seen anything like that (except where I tried to mix
debug/release DLLs but I expect it's not that).

> Sorry that I can't provide more detailed debug info, but I don’t have
> Visual Studio 8, only 7.

You should be able to compile it by changing the project version in the
.vcproj files from 7.10 to 7.00, and changing the file version in the
.sln files from 8.00 to 7.00. AFAIK that's the only difference.

See also:
http://www.codeproject.com/macro/vsconvert.asp (VC8 to VC7)
http://www.codeproject.net/tools/prjconverter.asp (VC7 to VC6)

I think the pdb and dmp files are compatible anyway, so you should be
able to get symbol information.

> I’ve tried cvsnt 2.0.12 and 2.0.14 on two computers, both machines are
> Win2000 Server SP4. I am using sserver protocol with domain logons.

Do you get the same behaviour with any other protocols?