[cvsnt] $Log$ conflict again - grepping the sources

Czarnowski, Aric aczarnowski at unimax.com
Wed Dec 17 16:35:32 GMT 2003

> So are there any "grep the source" solutions others
> have used that work for them?  cvs log | grep 20188
> isn't great because you only get the lines and not
> the files they're in (since you're grepping STDOUT).

After reading my post I realized it probably wasn't clear why I'm asking
so to clarify:

If we remove $Log: $ keywords from our sources to avoid conflicts what
solutions have others used for quick and dirty searches similar to
grepping the history info that was previously in the source files
themselves?

Sorry about that and thanks for any tips or tricks,
Aric