[cvsnt] Issues

Shravan Durvasula s_k_d_23 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 17 17:16:12 GMT 2003

Hello all:

I have just started working with CVS. I just had a few questions. I greatly appreciate for your time and patience.

1. My CVSNT server is on a WindowsXP Pro machine. To allow users to checkout from other remote Windows machines i had to make my repository (c:/cvsrepo) and temporary directory (C:/cvstemp) sharable. Is this the only way to do or is there a better way to do it?

2. To add new users to my CVSNT server, i used the "cvs passwd -a <USERNAME>" command. Now how do i remove a particular user? Also, how do i see the list of all the current users?

3. The remote machines that talk to my CVSNT server currently have "WINCVS 1.3" as their client. But this needs administrative privileges to be installed. So, is there a client available for CVSNT server that does not need admin privileges to be installed? Something like a command line package.

Best regards and thanks in advance,
--skd