[cvsnt] Error reading from server, -1: No such file or directory

Gerrit Hulleman hulleman at tip.nl
Sat Dec 20 11:15:58 GMT 2003

I have cvsnt installed on a windows 2003 server with a repository
'algoritmiek'. I added users using the ntserver protocol and a passwd file
has been created(without a '.').

I set the cvsroot to ':pserver:CVSUser@<server>:/algoritmiek' and try to
login using 'cvs login'. I get the following error:

cvs [login aborted]: Error reading from server <server>: -1: No such file or
directory

I tried running the cvsservice in -test mode and it shows that a process is
created and closed. I also tried copying the passwd file to .passwd, since
the installation manual of devguy
(http://www.devguy.com/fp/cfgmgmt/cvs/cvs_admin_nt.htm) talkes about that
filename. Login using a false credentials gives the same error.

Can anyone tell me what file or directory cvs is trying to open?

Gerrit