[cvsnt] Feature request regarding conflict markers

Hartmut Honisch hartmut_honisch at web.de
Sat Dec 20 15:47:35 GMT 2003

Tony,

I'm trying to improve TortoiseCVS's conflict resolution. As CVSNT always
makes a backup copy of the working file (e.g. .#foo.1.2), I'd like to use
that file for conflict resolution (e.g. for options like "compare my merge
result to my original working copy"). But as there may be multiple .#foo.*
files, I don't know how to tell the backup file that CVSNT produced when
creating the current conflict file (other than parsing the CVSNT output, but
that's no persistent information).

It would be great if you could integrate the name of the backup file (or the
base revision number) in the conflict file. Currently the markers look like
this:

=======

Maybe you could change CVSNT to produce something similar to:

<<<<<<< .#foo.1.18
=======

Specifying the filename as part of the first conflict marker is redundant
anyway, so CVSNT could use that place to somehow specify the base revision?

-Hartmut