[cvsnt] Latest updates

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sat Dec 20 16:02:49 GMT 2003

cvsnt 2.0.15

This has lots of stuff.  I've put it in now so I've got time to work on it
over christmas if something breaks.  Stick with 2.0.14 for critical
servers.

* Lockserver is default, and defined by global settings in the control
panel.  To disable for a repository use LockServer=none in the config file
(no idea why anyone would do this, though).
* File level locking & Multi-level locking.  The locking granularity is much
finer and it's a lot harder to have a conflict between two people accessing
the same repository.
* Some unicode fixes.
* The global -l option is now gone (for consitency with Unix CVS).
* Smarter merging algorythm - $Log$ should now work.
* :ntserver: server side support is now gone.  This is necessary because of
other changes - it's been on the cards for ages now so I expect most people
will have moved off it anyway.  Client side still works, though.
* Rewrite the communication channel (client cvs.exe->cvsservice->server
cvs.exe) so that it uses the same socket rather than redirects stdin.  This
should cause fewer problems with AV/FW support (eg. if you can connect to
the server it should be possible to communicate with it, as it's now a
single step operation).
* -F <file> command line option which appends the contents of the file to
the argument list used by CVS.  This enables you to work on thousands of
files at once if required.