[cvsnt] Re: Console window popping up in 2.0.15

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Tue Dec 23 20:58:54 GMT 2003

Are you running any server-side scripts with your CVSNT server?  Does this
happen with all operations or just some?

> CVS itself knows nothing of windows so can't create any - there's
> simply no code to do so.  I run normally from the command line so
> haven't noticed anything special.  Wincvs seems to be working here
> also.  My version of tortoise is quite old but also doesn't exhibit
> any problem.

>From a totally abstract POV having no direct contact with either the source
or the current release (how's THAT for a disclaimer...): It sounds like it's
a result of the change you did in the socket / handoff code, on the server
side only.  I believe both users mentioned that it was the CVSNT server side
that they were running locally when they saw this.

Regards,

Glen Starrett