[cvsnt] OT: Issue and bug tracker (was Naming and numberingconventions?)

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Dec 24 10:36:05 GMT 2003

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 09:41:21 +0000, John Kinson <cvs at yellowradio.com>
wrote:

>Not sure why you get asked for a login either, but have you tried the
>demo logins listed at http://mantisbt.sourceforge.net/demo.php, such as
>viewer / viewer?
>
>JK

I think I found the problem now:
The FAQ is on this page:
http://mantisbt.sourceforge.net/faq.php
but all links point to FAQ locations like this:
http://mantisbt.sourceforge.net/dev/faq/index.php?f_edit=0#item_1_1
Note that the document it points to is located in a 'dev' folder,
which is probably protected. It might even be a sourceforge general
protection from non-logged-in users. Since I don't have a sourceforge
account I could not test this assumption though...

It really looks like someone had a FAQ page in the dev folder and then
just moved it out of there without modifying the internal links so all
links still point at the dev folder.
---
Later, after a quick test:
I viewed the source and saved it to my local disk, then deleted all
document references in the links, just keeping the internal #links.
And amazingly then it actually works as viewed directly from my hard
disk. The FAQ is right inside the same document, but further down the
page. Of course the links do not work unless one does as I did..
----

But then again, what I saw there was just mentions of bug tracking. I
need issue and feature request tracking as well and probably not a
very tight integration to CVS at that. System should be used not only
by our developers, also marketing and service must be able to enter
items and follow progress.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)