[cvsnt] OT: Issue and bug tracker (was Naming andnumberingconventions?)

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Wed Dec 24 17:12:28 GMT 2003

> I think I found the problem now:
> The FAQ is on this page:
> http://mantisbt.sourceforge.net/faq.php
> but all links point to FAQ locations like this:
> http://mantisbt.sourceforge.net/dev/faq/index.php?f_edit=0#item_1_1

I've passed that info on to the Mantis team so they're aware of it.

> But then again, what I saw there was just mentions of bug tracking. I
> need issue and feature request tracking as well and probably not a
> very tight integration to CVS at that. System should be used not only
> by our developers, also marketing and service must be able to enter
> items and follow progress.

For feature requests, we are using the "Severity" field set to "feature" and
I put the release as a future release (e.g. "Roadmap-R300").  There are some
issues with that (e.g. you can't filter off the 'feature' entries from the
list unless you pick a specific severity to filter on) but since it's under
active development, I'm hoping they will take the suggestion to add better
filtering for that purpose (that is, once I get around to actually
requesting it) :)

You can see their demo system and take a look at the fields offered.  A
significant note would be that there are 2 views to a bug, "simple" and
"detailed", which shows additional fields or hides them.

Regards,

Glen Starrett