[cvsnt] Can't add users for pserver...

Sat Feb 1 02:47:07 GMT 2003

I'm hoping someone can help me out.  I'm trying to install CVSNT to use pserver (i know about the inherent sercurity risks, but it seems that some programs like JBuilder don't support sspi?), but having trouble creating users.

CVSNT is running on a W2K server machine, which is a member PC of an ADS domain.  I am logged in as myself (Eric), who has Domain Admin priviledges.

I have had to create a CVSROOT/admin file with Eric listed in there to give me access to admin commands - it wouldn't allow me prior.

Now, however, I try to create a passwd file by using the cvs passwd command, but I keep getting errors:
CVSROOT = :ntserver:cvs1:/test    (where /test is a valid repository)
> cvs passwd -a -r eric -D domain eric
Adding user eric at cvs1
cvs [server aborted]: User 'eric' is not a real user on the system

I've also tried:
> cvs passwd -a -r eric -D domain.com eric
Adding user eric at cvs1
cvs [server aborted]: User 'eric' is not a real user on the system

> cvs passwd -a -r domain\eric -D domain eric
Adding user eric at cvs1
cvs [server aborted]: User 'domain\eric' is not a real user on the system

Have tried with other users as well.  Am running out of ideas....  Can someone suggest anything to try?

I've checked the settings for CVSNT - "Use local users for pserver auth instead of domain" is turned OFF.

Thanks for the advice!

Eric