[cvsnt] cvsnt sspi incompability with '-x' option between different versions?

Markus.Gebhardt at etas.de Markus.Gebhardt at etas.de
Fri Feb 7 08:09:08 GMT 2003

Hi,

we're running cvnt  v1.11.1.3 build 57j on a W2000 Server here, using the
sspi protocol for authorisation.
When changing from version 57j to 66 on the client side (W2000 Prof) and
e.g. try to check out a module
with the '-x' (=use encryption if supported by protocol) using the
Tortoise 1.3.1), the client hangs
with no output. When choosing another client Version (e.g. 57k from
WinCVS1.3b8), everything works fine again.
This is no Tortoise problem, I get the same results on the command line,
for example:

set CVSROOT=:sspi:user at cvsserver:/repository
path_to_cvs\cvs.exe -q -x checkout -P modulename

hangs with path_to_cvs\cvs.exe -v   :  CVSNT v1.11.1.3 (build 66)
(client/server)
but works well with  CVSNT v1.11.1.3 (build 57j) (client/server)

It also works with build 66 when I leave out the '-x' option.

Is this a known problem? Any suggestions?

(I'd like to stay with the older cvsnt version on the server, due the
problem (additional entries) the new cvs versions
create  with ViewCVS, as the proposed patcheses for ViewCVS didn't work
for me))

Thanks a lot,

Markus Gebhardt

markus.gebhardt at etas.de