[cvsnt] WinXP sspi Admin authentication: Local vs Domain? (SOLVED)

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Feb 19 18:33:56 GMT 2003

On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 11:11:15 -0700, "Glen Starrett"
<grstarrett at cox.net> wrote:

>I would have thought the admin file would have been for site-wide admin list
>(that's why I put it in the c:\cvs\cvsrepos\CVSROOT directory to start).
>Was it intended to only work for one repository at a time?

Yes, in theory you can have multiple repositories all with different
administrators, but held on the same server.

>All in all, this is a VERY functional integrated CVS system.  I'm still
>going to need to experiment with it to see how permissions get applied and
>the level of integration with the chown / chacl / etc. commands relative
>NTFS file permissions, but it's looking very nice indeed.  If I get time,
>I'll try to write up a "NT Integrated" focused version of the setup guide,
>since that is the main reason why I am looking at CVSNT.

The chown/chacl stuff doesn't affect NTFS file permissions, it offers
another layer of filtering on top of it.  Basically it means the
repository administrator can grant/deny permissions to certain
branches or files without needing the rights to modify the filesystem
permissions.