[cvsnt] Help out a new user

Martin Pancirov pancim at yahoo.ca
Wed Feb 19 21:33:19 GMT 2003

Hello,

I am trying to prototype a CVSNT server. I have set it
up according to the instructions from
http://w1.858.telia.com/~u85831169/InstallCVSNT.html#InstallSteps
except, rather than using /test I used /ottawa

As an aside I would like to use WinCVS as a front-end.
My network enviorment is All 2000 servers running in
an Active Directory enviorment. Users have a mix of
2000/XP workstations.

1) How do are users supposed to attach to the CVSNT
server? Do I have to share out the c:\cvsrepo
directory, and have the users map a drive to it? Can
you recommend a proper implementation?

2) Where and how do I secure the c:\cvsrepo directory
so that only SYSTEM Domain Admins and a group that I
created called CVS users have rights to check
out,create, and commit files/folders? Can this be done
on a folder level or does the security have to be
implemented through CVSNT?

My only wish is to implement standardized servers in
multiple sites so that cvs users can use and
administer CVSNT/WinCVS however they see fit.

Please excuse my ignorance as I am very new when it
comes to working with CVS. I would welcome any help
that you can provide.

Thanks in Advance,
Martin