[cvsnt] cvs export

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Feb 20 19:23:45 GMT 2003

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003 12:20:41 -0500, "Keith D. Zimmerman"
<kzimmerman at eshcom.com> wrote:

>it should work (i think) to do 'cvs export -r HEAD....', but while i was
>trying to test it, i had this experience
>
>empty folder, but when i did an export, it gave an error
>

>"cvs [export aborted]: cannot export into a working directory"

This message comes up when you have a directory that contains
subdirectories named CVS like you do in a sandbox.
THere were some revisions of CVSNT that did this when exporting
modules with subdirectories if I remember correctly. But this got
fixed as soon as it was discovered. So if you use the latest CVSNT you
should be fine.
Remember that export will never overwrite an existing file and it will
also not like it if a directory it wants to create already exists.
So you should really export only to an empty folder.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)