[cvsnt] Creating remote repositories

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Wed Feb 26 22:30:30 GMT 2003

Another suggested revision to the reference manual:

http://www.cvsnt.org/cvs.html#Creating%20a%20repository

Change:

To create a repository, run the cvs init command. It will set up an empty
repository in the CVSNT root specified in the usual way (see Repository).
For example,
<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Into:

To create a repository, run the cvs init command on the machine where the
repository will reside. It will set up an empty repository in the CVSNT root
specified in the usual way (see Repository). For example,
<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I was looking to incorporate the Q&A from the message, since I was trying to
create a repository remotely too (It made sense, the reference guide talked
about 'the usual way', etc.):
http://www.cvsnt.org/pipermail/cvsnt/2002-April/001615.html

btw:  In case Luke.W.Friendshuh is still on this mailing list, the "I HATE
YOU" is nothing personal--it's the protocol saying you are not
authenticated.  The converse is "I LOVE YOU" when you are authenticated.  I
guess it's a love/hate relationship with CVS.  You can find reference to it
in the CVS protocol documentation.

Thanks,

Glen Starrett