[cvsnt] Error -1: No such file or directory

Allan Helboe Nielsen Allanhn at RHS.DK
Thu Feb 27 03:38:03 GMT 2003

I've installed CVSNT 1.11.1.3 build 72 on two computers, A and B, both
running Windows XP Pro.

On both computers everything works fine when I'm working local: On both
computers I've made a repository in d:\repos and cvsnt itself is installed
in c:\opensource\cvsnt. The d: drive is shared on both computers, I have no
domain but the computers are connected vis a switch and are on the same
workgroup.

The configuration of A and B are (more or less) the same, though B has two
network adapters - the other is connected to a router (accessing the
internet). To avoid mistakes that adapter is disabled and I have no firewall
running.

I use the same useraccount (regarding both Windows XP and cvsnt) on A and B,
SystemAuth=no and my username is in the "passwd" file.
My useraccount for Windows have administrator rights.

As stated before working local works on both A and B

On A I can use the pserver protocol like:
cvs -d :pserver:username at A:d:\repos login  and
cvs -d :pserver:username at A:d:\repos co module

On B I get the following error-messages when using pserver:
CVS [login aborted]: Error reading from server B: -1: No such file or
directory
CVS [checkout aborted]: Error reading from server B: -1:

>From B I CAN CHECKOUT from A:
cvs -d :pserver:username at A:d:\repos co module
but from A I get the same error-messages as above when checking out from B.

My conclusion is that I'm not able to use the pserver protocol on B whether
the connection is made from A or B - apparently there is trouble reading the
repository. I've checked and double-checked everything (like shared access
to D: on B etc.).

What does the error message mean??

 - Allan