[cvsnt] Error -1: No such file or directory

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Thu Feb 27 04:29:32 GMT 2003

I'm still fairly new to CVSNT myself, but I'll try to point you in the right
direction.  Pardon if I state the obvious (or omit same ;).

First off, you should NOT be trying to access the CVS repositories via a
shared drive, it's strongly discouraged (read other messages / text here).

It sounds like you might not have pserver enabled on machine B, or that the
repository is not set up.  Make sure you have the correct DLL's loaded, make
sure you didn't disable it in the control panel app (which sets up the CVSNT
server registry entries).  Make sure you didn't mess up the repository
prefix.

It's also possible that the dual nic configuration is confusing it, albeit
unlikely.  Things to check:  Can you ping B from B? from A?  Is the port
open? (try TELNET to 2401 [I *think* that's the pserver port!] and see what
happens).  Do other protocol(s) work (e.g. sspi)?

You can also start the app from the command line with -test to get a more
verbose startup.

Good luck,

Glen Starrett