[cvsnt] OT: Which VS6 files to store in CVS?

Ricardo Fukasawa fukasawa at globo.com
Fri Feb 28 00:07:55 GMT 2003

> I will just store these then. But what about the mak file, that was
> the one I started out with when I ported the stuff...

Well, I don't work with Visual C++ using mak files. I set up a project and a
workspace and build everything from there (adding files to project and etc).
Working that way, Visual C++ automatically knows how to compile and link to
make the executable and therefore you don't need any mak files. There is
actually an option in VC6 to export the makefile so I think it stores all
the info about it in the .dsp and/or .dsw files (i guess the .dsp).

But, if you build your executable in a different way (I don't even know if
it is possible) using only the mak file, I think it would be prudent to
store it too.

Ricardo.