[cvsnt] OT: Which VS6 files to store in CVS?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Feb 27 23:45:02 GMT 2003

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 20:21:47 -0300, "Ricardo Fukasawa"
<fukasawa at globo.com> wrote:

>Well, I am not an experienced Visual C++6 user, but I have been using CVS to
>store my Visual C++6 programs and I only keep there the .c, .cpp, .h, .dsw
>and .dsp files.
>
>All the rest (.ncb, .opt, .plg, .ilk, .pch, .sbr, .pdb, .idb, etc.) I keep
>out of CVS and Visual C rebuilds them without a problem. I just don't know
>if this is specific for my applications and in the future I may be in
>trouble, or if that is the way it works. My best guess is you won't need
>them.
>
>Hope this helped.
>
>Ricardo.

Thanks,
I was really confused by the many extra files that appeared when I
ported the source up to Win32 level...
I will just store these then. But what about the mak file, that was
the one I started out with when I ported the stuff...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)