[cvsnt] Diff and Merge Error Using 1.11.1.3

Jefferson, Anthony Anthony.Jefferson at gd-ais.com
Fri Jan 3 22:33:20 GMT 2003

All,

We have installed a copy of CVS NT and have built a test repository. During
our testing I created a situation where an .xml file would be out of date
with the repository and locally changed. I expected that the commit would
fail for a version mismatch, which it did (good news). However, I tried to
update the file so merge the source in CVS with my locally modified copy and
go the following feedback:

retrieving revision 1.6
retrieving revision 1.7
Merging differences between 1.6 and 1.7 into build.xml
build.xml already contains the differences between 1.6 and 1.7

The command completed successfully.

The file build.xml was not merged with the version from the repository but
my CVS/Entries file was updated to indicate the current version was 1.7.
This behavior occurred using WinCVS, JCVS, and the command line interface
directly on the server. It is also not limited to xml files it behaves like
this for all source files. Therefore, I'm guessing the problem is with the
server itself.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Have I installed something
incorrectly? Is there a work around for this or does an older version work
better for merging? I've searched the archives and haven't seen anything
like this referenced.

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

Anthony Jefferson
Lead Engineer, Software
General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems