[cvsnt] linefeed convert on Unicode files

Roger I Martin PhD hypernexdev at hypernexinc.com
Mon Jan 6 17:25:18 GMT 2003

Tony Hoyle wrote:

>That sounds like a rather nasty Netbeans bug - have you reported it to them?
>(0x0d0a isn't a valid unicode character and should never be written).
>
>You can use the --lf switch to cvs to checkout with unix line endings, which
>is what WinCVS uses.  Use this sparingly, though, as it can cause all sorts
>of headaches mixing line endings.

Thanks for the tip. I'll use --lf only for unicode files.

Yes it is nasty.  I originally patched NetBeans so that it would edit unicode files; as other things were changed in time this bug showed up and I didn't have time to go back into netbeans source code and see what the problem is. Just made all of my files have only 0x000A for line endings.  I plan to look at Netbeans source code again to see if I can find the problem.  Sometimes I feel I'm the only one using NetBeans with unicode source code but I like it so that math equations can be written with familiar Greek symbols.

Roger